Friday, August 23, 2013

[Anime] Gin no Saji/ Silver Spoon Ep 1

Welcome to Ezono!



This anime involves lots and lots of farming. Which, I guess is new and different? A bit of a strange concept.


After failing all the entrance exams to school's he'd much rather go to, Yugo Hachiken, runs away from home and enrolls into Ezo Agricultural High School. I don't know if he thought it was going to be an easy ride or what but he quickly finds out that it's not.

 He also immediately gets lost in the woods on school grounds after chasing a calf out of the cattle barn.

After being assigned to a five man team he starts doing chores around the farm and finds out that chickens eggs come from their 'anus', which is clearly wrong. He's super hung up on it, refusing to eat eggs until the end of the episode and then declaring them the tastiest thing to come out of the 'anus'.

He's clearly inept at the country life and needs a bird anatomy lesson.

So, that dish where they mix a raw egg in with rice, they just eat it like that? I had to google it, because raw eggs seems like a poor idea. How much salmonella do they get? It doesn't seem like the rice is warm enough to cook the egg. Yech. I guess they don't even care if the egg is cooked. The less cooked the better. :\

So, anyway. For a slice of life anime, this was actually pretty cute and a somewhat different concept. Pearls of wisdom fall from the most unlikely of mouths and shenanigans are plentiful. I immediately recommended this to a friend who is really into agriculture and she watched all the available episodes. I've been assured that it continues to grow and get better as it goes along. I won't put this high on my watch list, but I will keep it in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment